Forum - Manta Trailers - manta 19 trailer

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
manta 19 trailer 6Tue 14 Feb 2023 06:01:27
slatytom slatytom Tue 15 May 2012 23:26:04 Anyone got keel rollers on their trailer and do they work, I was was thinking about fitting a winch and some keel rollers(maybe 4) on my trailer any advice welcome . I just bought my manta and sailed it for the first time last week lovely boat!

Replies

MattLancs MattLancs Fri 02 Sep 2016 17:53:04 Hi, did you get any feed back for the trailer? I've just had a nightmare trying to recover mine for the first time. Would you be prepared to send me some photos of your trailer set up?
Thanks
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Wed 02 Sep 2020 09:50:42 Having just had four attempts before finally recovering her onto the trailer, I can honestly say I feel your pain !
It was my wife who successfully did it in the end and she simply manoeuvred the boat into position by holding onto the shrouds rather than using the back line which I had been doing. Holding the shrouds gives a real positivity to positioning and ensures everything is in line. I found also that the trailer needs to be in the water far deeper than you’d expect.
Boyanoy Boyanoy Sun 12 Feb 2023 11:50:23 Replying to an old post but it may still be of interest to someone else. I have six keel rollers on my trailer, I think they are necessary to get the boat up easily. I haven't had any problems with either launching or recording. on my trailer the keel rollers take almost all the weight, the side rollers keep the balance.
manta 19 trailer
Boyanoy Boyanoy Sun 12 Feb 2023 11:55:12 I drove down so that about 2/3 of the wheels were under water and then it was fine.
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Sun 12 Feb 2023 19:33:50 Not good for the tyres and wheels but we’ve always had to completely submerge them to get her on the trailer. We’ve no keel rollers at all, just a piece of wood that she sits on !
Boyanoy Boyanoy Tue 14 Feb 2023 06:01:27 Rinse with fresh water and there is probably no major danger. I replaced some of my rollers, they didn't cost that much, it will probably be worth it to avoid the worry.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept