Forum - Social and General Chat - new Manta sailors

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
new Manta sailors 15Thu 05 Nov 2020 08:57:37
Mekicevica Mekicevica Mon 02 Sep 2013 20:03:07 Hi, fellow Manta sailors!
I notice a few, new registered users but no new posts. Come on guys, let us know what you think of your Mantas, and what you are doing with them.
Your thoughts will be useful to everybody and make justice to Mark's efforts to maintain this website.
Luis aka Mekicevica's Skipper.

Replies

StuartH StuartH Mon 09 Sep 2013 14:17:07 Hi yes I noticed its been very quiet on here, perhaps its the best britsh summer we have had for ages has meant evryone is busy sailing!
I'm still new to this sailing - only had Davin two years now! What I have learnt about sailing is its either too windy or not windy enough!
Still persevearing though, maybe I will make a break through next year.
senco senco Mon 09 Sep 2013 22:44:08 Hello,
I bought a Manta 19 this April and I love it. It is an Austrian built Manta from the 1978, serial nuber (and sail n.) 509. I am the 3rd owner, but it is in good conditions.
I did a 7 day trip at the end of July, 4 of us, and it was a grat fun. I hope to write a story of it with pictures when I find the time.
Regards,
Tomislav
new Manta sailors
jb jb Wed 18 Sep 2013 02:58:02 Hi, I'm one of the new manta owners, not yet a manta sailor! I bought Grebe in May, she appears to have been resident on Windermere for some time and prevoiusly appeared on here in some blog photos from 2007, by Mike Fitzgerald. I found her in Manchester, where she'd been hanging out for a year or two and I've bought her back up to Kendal, a bit nearer to the lake, but not there yet. I was hoping to get her on the water this summer, but what I thought were a few little jobs - revarnishing the rudder stock, servicing the foresail furler - became bigger jobs - rebuilding the rudder stock, replacing the foresail furler - and now we're on schedule for April, 2014!

Great site, and as I work my way through my pre-launch checklist I may find I have a few questions requiring the collective wisdom of the forum users!

John - "Grebe"
Smanta Smanta Thu 19 Sep 2013 10:35:26 Hi to you all
I finally did it
I Bought My X mothering laws Manta 19 sail no 1230 .. On September Friday 13? hope that is a good thing. I would like to find out any history or age if any one can help.
I have sailed this little Boat a few times in the distant past but the last 5 years it has been neglected at a farm gathering moss with the rest of the unwanted farm machinery.
I have been inspired by Dylan Winter http://www.keepturningleft.co.uk/ who is sailing around the UK in a small yacht. I?m hoping to renovate SManta over the winter months. I normally sail a laser at my local club on the river Trent.
Mart
new Manta sailors
Mark Mark Fri 20 Sep 2013 08:54:36 Hi Mart,

I think your manta is one of the newer ones - although I suppose none of them are that new really smile

My understanding is that Blakes Marine built about 200 in the UK under licence from Schoel yachts in Austria. The last one Blakes built was in 1984 and was sail number 1240. I don't know if the Austria builders carried on making them.

Where are you sailing yours?
garyg garyg Mon 23 Sep 2013 18:50:09 Hi Luis.

You are correct, as quite a new Manta owner I have found the website incredibly useful. I think that as with most things the day job can take over and this has certainly been the case with me this year. That said, I will be completing work on my boat this autumn and as promised will post pictures and measurements for any one else crazy enough to attempt keel and plate removal / overhaul. Out Mantas are getting older and will require fettling so comprehensive information as we have on the website is priceless.

Regarding Marks suggestion re a chat room I would certainly be happy with that to both get and provide information for others, including those thinking about buying.

Happy sailing.

Gary
giovannialdini giovannialdini Sun 22 Mar 2015 06:06:19 Good morning, I do not speak English, only Italian and German.
I bought a manta 19 1973.
(google translator)
Fair winds to all !!
new Manta sailors
Sasha Sasha Mon 19 Oct 2020 18:11:18 Hi guys. New Manta owner here. I just bought Manta 19 from Tomislav (senca), so basically I'm 4th owner of this beautiful boat. Look at his post in this thread.

So I will have to wait for another 6 month or so to start sailing, but I'm really glad that I decided to purchase this beauty. It's well maintained and I'm considering to renew bottom of the boat next year or year after that.

And yes, I'm newbie who sailed but never on my own. Looking forward to post some pictures here after I step on the Tweety smile
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Tue 20 Oct 2020 08:57:27 Hello Sasha, welcome ! we too bought a Manta earlier this year we hope you enjoy yours as much as we thought we were going to LOL
Sasha Sasha Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:06:41 @Ian & Julie did you already start sailing or you are have to wait like me smile
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Tue 20 Oct 2020 13:54:33 We started sailing on a different Manta (Davin) many , many years ago, then we went onto bigger and BIGGER boats. None of them gave the pleasure that our first Manta did. We’re now retired and have sold all the other boats (nine!) and are back on Coniston water with Heartbeat. Where it all began.... ⛵️
new Manta sailors
Sasha Sasha Tue 20 Oct 2020 14:46:48 So cool.. It sounds like Alchemist from Coelho smile You have to try everything and in the end you are back to basics smile
Littleconor Littleconor Tue 03 Nov 2020 21:08:08 Hello All,
My girlfriend and I bought a Manta in June and had had a great summer season on Lough Corrib in West of Ireland, spending nearly 30 nights on board. We logged almost 200 miles island hopping, exploring and making friends. We love her and the new puppy loves her too.
She is safely stored away for the winter now unfortunately. Can't wait to get back out on the water.
Stay safe out there,
Conor & Orla
new Manta sailors
Mark Mark Wed 04 Nov 2020 11:22:21 Wow, just looked at where Lough Corrib is in Ireland - what a great looking sailing ground smile
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Thu 05 Nov 2020 08:57:37 Lovely looking sea dog 🐶 and lovely looking woodwork on your companionway... so jealous of both lol ! Happy sailing to you ⛵️
Here’s our sea cat ..
new Manta sailors
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept