Forum - Social and General Chat - Manta 19 'Emily'

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Manta 19 'Emily' 6Thu 02 Apr 2009 21:36:36
Alan Alan Mon 13 Oct 2008 21:05:18 Hi from Alan & Sue in Norfolk
Just a quick introduction to 'Emily' sail No 1176 built by Blakes in 1978. She is currently based on the Broads at Ranworth.
Manta 19 'Emily'

Replies

keefnsoph keefnsoph Tue 02 Dec 2008 23:11:26 Hi Alan and Sue.
I have recently purchased a Manta 19 which does need a bit of work but hopefully ready next spring! I too am based in Norfolk but on the Southern Broads (River Yare) although this does depend on where i decide to launch!
She hasn't been used for the last 10 years, previously based on Rutland and before that up to 1990 on Windermere. Not sure of sail number (its too cold to go in the garage and look!) but build number is 1213.
I'm new to the site so hi to all the other members and Manta owners, great to see such a good selection of information. Perhaps we can get a few boats over to the Broads next year!
I'm sure i'll be posting more (inc pics) once i get to work on the boat, and once the weather warms up a bit!
BTW, if its any use i did receive with the boat a copy of the original commissioning paperwork (titled 'assembly of Manta 19'). It doesn't have much in the way of technical info, more basic stuff like stepping the mast etc, but happy to scan/ e-mail for the site if it would be useful to anyone.
Thanks, Keith.
tonymck tonymck Sun 11 Jan 2009 21:57:45 Great to hear of another member of the group, looking forward to the pics. I would really like to see a copy of the commissioning docs, please could you send to anthonydmckone@fsmail.net
I'm always on the lookout for interesting info regarding the manta class!

Cheers
Tony
Manta 19 'Emily'
Alan Alan Wed 28 Jan 2009 13:16:36 Hi Keith
It good to hear there's another Manta ('Fingal')about, they seem to be popping up all over.
We have just moved to new moorings on Malthouse Broad which is nice and central, if a bit busy at times. Looking forward to a better summer and getting out on the water more often this year. If you can e-mail a copy, I wouldn't mind seeing the commissioning paperwork, it might be handy when rigging the boat.
aht47@btinternet.com

Cheers

Alan & Sue
diwil diwil Tue 24 Feb 2009 08:19:48 Hi everyone!
We?re Wilma, Carlijn & Dion. ?popping up? We live in the eastern part of the Netherlands near the German border. We bought our manta 19 last summer and had a view beautiful days with her. Yesterday, we posted our first blog on this website with 51 photographs off our holidays last year. And of course we have our own website [ http://www.manta19.diwil.nl]

We?re also very interested in a copy off paperwork from the Manta 19 Keith!
Can you please send us a copy off the ?original commissioning paperwork??
To: diwil@home.nl thank you so much!!

With kind regards

Wilma, carlijn & Dion
Crumble Crumble Sat 07 Mar 2009 17:39:03 Hi everybody, I am new to this site having just discovered an abandoned Manta in S.W. Ireland. It appears to be in fair order but this site has already been very helpful and I am going back to check, transom plate, mast step, centre plate etc. etc. I would very much appreciate a copy of the commissioning details to Andrew2Campbell@gmail.com
Lastly the window rubbers certainly need replacing are these just standard automobile window rubbers?? Many Thanks Crumble
Mark Mark Thu 02 Apr 2009 21:36:36 I have finally invested in a new printer/scanner and have scanned in my copy of the original Blakes Marine Manta 19 Assembly Guide.

You can find it from the web site home page.

Hope you find this useful.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept