Forum - Mast and Rigging - tabernacle

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
tabernacle 3Sun 20 Jun 2010 00:01:54
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Thu 10 Jun 2010 21:48:53 hi
Has anyone had a tabernacle fitted or maybe you already had one on when you bought your boat?
If so do you think they are worth fitting?
Many thanks
Ian & Julie (Davina on Coniston)
PS We saw the att'd photo on boatshed and this one was fitted to a manta
tabernacle

Replies

waterboatman waterboatman Mon 14 Jun 2010 22:15:13 Hi Peter,

I think the tabernacle is a nice idea but unless you are putting the mast up and down frequently I can't think why you should bother. Without the tabernacle there is a chance you will foul the hatch when lowerning the mast and it is left open - possibly with the tabernacle you will clear it when both open and closed. If you fancy spending the cash then go ahead but either way, when you unstep the mast for road transport you will have to disengage it whether it has a tebernacle or not.

You need 2 people to safely unstep the mast any way but it's up to you.

Cheers

Peter B.
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Fri 18 Jun 2010 11:23:22 thanks for replying peter - yes, we are going to be putting the mast up and down more frequently than usual as we're taking her to the norfolk broads this summer ... We actually won't need to disengage the mast when we're going under bridges, and if I train my wife right we might not even have to stop !
cheers
Mark Mark Sun 20 Jun 2010 00:01:54 Morton boats fitted tabernacles to their Eagle 525's. They might be able to give you some good info about them (see link on the links page).

Hope to see a blog on your Norfolk Broad adventures.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept