Forum - Social and General Chat - New owners

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
New owners 7Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:25:46
Kingfisher Kingfisher Sat 22 Feb 2020 12:49:49 Hi there,

After asking a couple of questions about Mantas on this forum I'm delighted that we have now joined the ranks of Manta owners! We've recently bought Ian Reid's project boat that he wrote about on this forum (now no longer a project, Ian has done all the hard work and we get to enjoy the results). She's now named Kingfisher and we're hoping very much that the weather will improve soon so we can get her on the water and start sailing - can't wait!
New owners

Replies

mhsorens mhsorens Sat 22 Feb 2020 16:54:22 Congratulations! Ian has really brought this boat back from the brink. https://manta19.miwd.co.uk/forum/13/471. So wonderful to see smile. Where do you plan to sail it?
Mark Mark Sat 22 Feb 2020 17:05:22 Congrats on buying your Manta. I' sure you'll have great fun sailing her :D
Kingfisher Kingfisher Sun 23 Feb 2020 10:40:00 Thank you! My parents live in Suffolk so this spring/summer we're planning on heading down there and exploring the Broads and maybe the East Coast rivers - looking forward to introducing the kids to the places where I learnt to sail. From next year we'll try to sort out a mooring on Coniston as a longer term thing as that's closer to where we live.

Yes, Ian has done a fantastic job. We feel very lucky that someone else has done all the hard graft! Just a few bits and pieces to sort out for family cruising (I've already asked a question about porta potties in the equipment & fittings forum if anyone can help with that!)

Hopefully we'll be able to post some more photos once she's out sailing!
mhsorens mhsorens Tue 25 Feb 2020 19:14:13 Ah yes - Lake District and the Broads seem to be among the main European hotspots for Mantas. Must go there some day. I'm in the proces of creating a register of online mentions of Mantas across Europe. I will probably start a MantaSpotting blog here some day dealing with some of the joys and frustations of the process of searching for the remainders of the originally 1240 Mantas out there.

Do you know the hull number (identical to the original sail number) of "Kingfisher" to your post? Unfortunately, very few of the mentions in fora, blogs or sales listings include this number - but I hope to change that.

[ https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/manta19spotting/].

BTW, I have tried to answer your potti question in the other thread.
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Sun 01 Mar 2020 10:53:29 Hi Kingfisher ! We’ve just left the Norfolk Broads after 10 years and tomorrow , fingers crossed, we’ll have a Manta 19 (she’s called Heartbeat) on Coniston too !!! We’re intending mooring at the Boating Centre. If you come up to Coniston give us a wave and we’ll put the kettle on. Julesanian@gmail.com
Kingfisher Kingfisher Tue 03 Mar 2020 16:02:12 Sail number is 1103.

Looking forward to (eventually) joining the Manta fleet on Coniston - hopefully see you there next year Ian and Julie!
Kingfisher Kingfisher Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:25:46 Apologies, @mhsorens, I got the sail number wrong. Its actually 1102.

We've just joined Coniston Sailing Club and Kingfisher is ready to launch hopefully on 24th at the club launch weekend, so fingers crossed for lots of sailing over the summer after a year with the boat stuck in a caravan park during lockdown!
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept