Forum - Social and General Chat - replacement mast or repair

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
replacement mast or repair 2Mon 25 Nov 2013 20:43:35
steveh steveh Mon 25 Nov 2013 15:20:15 Hi everyone
This is my first time on the site. When lowering my mast for the winter a gust of wind must have caught it and it fell down on the crutches and snapped in 2 about 600mm from the pivot heel. Does anyone know where i can get a replacement mast or is it possible to repair it. I live in Norfolk. Any help or advise wold be very much appreciated
Steve

Replies

Mekicevica Mekicevica Mon 25 Nov 2013 18:11:46 Sorry to hear that. Really bad luck. On the other hand, it the mast snapped by falling, it probably would have snapped if you were sailing in a good blow. Better it happened on land.

Stephen Weldon armantiniprocessing@btconnect.com not far from you in Suffolk has got original mast tubes for the Manta, but you would still have to build mast foot, mast head, spreaders, etc.

I had a new mast made professionally, and so did Mark. It will set you back around 1000 pounds.
I made some enquiries with Sailspar in Essex and they were very helpful, but finally I ordered from a local company here in the Netherlands.
Luis
steveh steveh Mon 25 Nov 2013 20:43:35 Thankyou Luis for your quick response I had contacted sailspar already and am waiting for a response. I will contact stephen weldon and see what he has to offer.
Cheers
Steve
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept