Forum - Social and General Chat - New Manta 19 owner, Worcestershire

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
New Manta 19 owner, Worcestershire 5Sun 09 Jan 2022 08:52:31
Benzibar Benzibar Sat 18 Sep 2021 19:27:15 Hi all,

Following my earlier post about outboards, I’m pleased to say I have now bought my first Manta 19!

Previously I owned a Hunter Horizon 272 based in Cardiff, but the sailing in the Bristol Channel is not much cop to be honest. I’m hoping with a trailer sailer we can explore the Solent and the South West a bit more.

Our Manta is number 1060 and called Crepello. I’m not a big fan of the name so will probably change it (observing the proper protocol and honouring Neptune, of course).

Are there any Manta rallies scheduled? Would love to meet other owners.
New Manta 19 owner, Worcestershire

Replies

Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Sun 19 Sep 2021 10:59:23 There’s four of us on Coniston and we’ve only ever met one of the owners. It seems , like Garbo , we all want to be left alone lol.
Ps I thought I’d seen Crepello earlier on this site ..
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Sun 19 Sep 2021 10:59:48 And here
Drucouloir Drucouloir Tue 21 Sep 2021 09:14:19 Hi, congratulations on getting the boat, she looks to be in good order.
As I mentioned elsewhere, I've still not managed to get my boat in the water but I'm hopeful and when it does come to pass would happily meet up. Not sure you'd want to sail in close company with me though; all my experience is in dinghys.....starboard! smile
Kingfisher Kingfisher Mon 03 Jan 2022 10:48:14 Congratulations on your purchase! Ian and Julie, we kept meaning to get in touch last year as it was our first on Coniston, but a combination of young kids and covid restrictions meant we didn't have much of a chance - hopefully next year we can meet for that cup of tea smile Are you somewhere near the foot of the lake? We were wondering if we saw your boat at one point. We haven't spotted any other mantas in sailing club bay.
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Sun 09 Jan 2022 08:52:31 Happy New Year to you Kingfisher 🦅 !
Yes we’d love to meet up for a chinwag this year.
We’re stored in Coniston Boatyard and they launch us on arrival so we’re often up for five days at a time. We’ll keep a lookout ⛵️ 👀 for you ! We’re easy to spot as we’ve a dog 🐶 and a cat 🐱 on board lol 😆
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept