Forum - Social and General Chat - Newbie

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Newbie 3Sun 20 Mar 2022 21:11:39
Morgy19 Morgy19 Mon 28 Feb 2022 23:06:55 Hi guys, I have just purchased my manta and am looking forward to launching tomorrow on the beautiful Shannon River.

Replies

Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Mon 14 Mar 2022 14:52:00 Welcome to the group, you’ll have more to go at on the Shannon (the longest river in N Ireland) then we do on Coniston.
I hope you enjoy your Manta as much as we thought we were going to enjoy ours lol (just joking by the way), we love ours to bits, we started off on Coniston , many moons ago, with one then we went bigger and bigger and ended up sea sailing all over the UK but we’re now back where it all began.
Morgy19 Morgy19 Thu 17 Mar 2022 00:33:39 Thanks Ian and Julie for your reply,I have been out on the water every day since and am getting to know the boat. If you don't mind me correcting you,the Shannon is not in N Ireland,it is in the Rebublic.I also have a larger Broom but am addicted to the freedom of a sail boat.
mhsorens mhsorens Sun 20 Mar 2022 21:11:39 Welcome. Wow! The Shannon is huge. Just skipped along the Google Street View photo path from Drumsna ("End of Navigation" sign) to Kerry Head Hills. I imagine there would be years of interesting sailing from end to end. Some of it could be interesting holiday targets one day if one's boat gets a tabernacle for easy mast-stepping. The Manta19 is sufficiently dinghy-like to take meaningful part in Dinghy Cruising Association rallies around Europe and I can se that the Shannon Estuary and Shannon & Erne Waterways have been mentioned a few times in the association forum (membership login).
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept