Forum - Website Notices - Database Crash

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Database Crash 1Mon 26 Nov 2018 08:30:00
Mark Mark Tue 20 Nov 2018 16:42:36 Sorry folks but I had a database problem which is now resolved, but the recovery was from a backup made on 20 July 2018. Which means if you joined the site after this date then your account has been lost - 3 users have been lost.

Any posts/blogs/private messages since this time have also been lost. If you changed your privacy settings since 20 July 2018 then please re-check them.

I'm really sorry about this. I am working on a replacement site but other work commitments have taken priority.

Replies

mhsorens mhsorens Mon 26 Nov 2018 08:30:00 Sad to hear about the crash. This site helped me a ton during the process of choosing THE boat. The crash only cost me my recently created user credentials. I checked to see if any lost pages might have been crawled and indexed in the autumn by the Wayback engine, but alas.

I would recommend WordPress with all its great community and backup tools. Should you end up choosing a new CMS, please consider adding some sort of wiki functionality, as browsing comment threads for maintenance and sailing tips and caveats isn't quite optimal. A wiki could help us collaborately integrating site blog posts, comments and external references of relevance to Manta owners.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept