Forum - Hull and Fittings - Paint

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Paint 4Wed 20 May 2020 08:43:51
Juttebell Juttebell Mon 04 May 2020 11:33:40 Hello .Once lockdown is over I am going to paint and rename my new Manta Kiki ( She is called Blue Ray at the moment which everyone is making jokes about). Does anyone know how much paint to get. She is blue at the moment and I will keep her that colour. I think the colour is cobalt blue. Thanks

Replies

Mark Mark Tue 12 May 2020 18:39:47 The amount of paint you need might vary a bit depending on the number of coats and the 'coverage' of the paint.

Best bet is to measure and calculate the area that you are going to paint and then look at the paint manufacturer's website/paint tins etc.. to find out how much you need.

Not much help hopefully this will point you in the right direction.
Mark Mark Wed 13 May 2020 08:50:48 Might be worth mentioning that the hulls were not painted originally, the colour is the gel coat. So if your manta has never been painted and the gel coat is dull but in otherwise good condition then a good clean and polish with car products (T cut followed by a good wax) will bring back the gleam and sparkle. You should only consider painting if you want to change colour or the gel coat is too far gone for polishing.
mhsorens mhsorens Sun 17 May 2020 10:23:09 I second Mark's advice. Even the 47 yrs old gelcoat of "Funny Girl" would shine after some rubbing, polishing and waxing. PBO on refrehing gelcoat: https://www.pbo.co.uk/expert-advice/3-ways-to-revive-faded-gelcoat-62326.
Juttebell Juttebell Wed 20 May 2020 08:43:51 Oh that is very good advice. I will have a go at rejuvenation of the gel coat rather than painting.Thankyou all so much. It's quite frustrating all this good, dry weather in Scotland and not been able to get down to fix her up. Hopefully soon.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept