Forum - For Sale - Manta project for sale

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Manta project for sale 3Fri 08 Jul 2022 13:34:41
jb jb Mon 02 May 2022 00:08:16 Sadly having to let my Manta go, I have neither the time or the wherewithal to complete it.
Manta 19 "Grebe", including all the bits - mast, rigging, sails, rudder, suzuki 2.5 outboard, comes with an as-yet unfitted Plastimo 406s reefing kit (still in box), on a braked road trailer.
But... I can't specify the trailer as roadworthy - it needs the brakes servicing, and the bearings checking. I had it moved by somebody using a flat-bed trailer (I can provide contact details if needed).
And.. the boat is just outside of Carlisle CA6, while the sails, rudder, plastimo kit, outboard and some other bits and pieces are at my house in Kendal, LA9.
It's in a bit of state, I think it's a bit better than when I got it, but it's got potential!
£400
Let me know if you want any more details.

John
Manta project for sale

Replies

mhsorens mhsorens Wed 11 May 2022 17:28:28 Always sad to having to let go of a Manta 19, but I must say, that your asking price is the lowest I've seen for a while. The state of the boat *looks* no worse than mine, and I got mine in DK - without a trailer and without a still-boxed jib reefing system - for a sum close to the lowest asking price I remember to have seen in UK listings (650 GBP). In the UK asking prices seem to fall in the range of 600-2700 GBP. Higher on the continent. If the reefing system is brand-new and complete, I'd say that this boat is for free.
jb jb Fri 20 May 2022 01:27:44 Basically, I have no option at present but to let the boat go, I've put it in here as I'd like to think she could be picked up by some body who has in interest in owning a Mantra and could have a good shot at getting her back on the water, where she belongs.
sad

Next stop, of course, is ebay....
Drucouloir Drucouloir Fri 08 Jul 2022 13:34:41 Hi John, can you pm me please, thanks, Toby
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept