Forum - Mast and Rigging - mast lowering\raising

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
mast lowering\raising 1Thu 02 Jul 2020 17:02:43
mantaray mantaray Thu 02 Jul 2020 12:46:10 My mast fell when the roller reefing drum bottle screw stripped its thread, the damage was limited to the mast base that was torn from the support casting, I repaired this by making a sleeve to fit around the base and securing through it and the mast into the cast stud with two new 8mm set screws and clamped it tight in order to re-enforce the damaged base. Forces at this point of the mast are mainly compressive and so although I would not sail her in mid Atlantic gentle lake sailing is hopefully ok and I have had her on her gunwales with no sign of fatigue in this area , if a mast presents itself I will of course replace it . I am intending to lower the mast towards the end of the season in order to replace the standing rigging, has any one seen or used an A frame that can be used on the Manta and if so any details and dimensions ?

Replies

mantaray mantaray Thu 02 Jul 2020 17:02:43 sorry to reply to my own post, but I have just realised that the topic has been covered . In this section is a picture of an A frame used on a Manta with a tabernacle bracket , what interests me is that if I converted to this tabernacle system then the damaged 40mm of my mast base wouldn't matter anymore . So anybody any info on tabernacle bracket conversions ?
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept