Forum - Mast and Rigging - topping lift

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
topping lift 4Sat 20 Nov 2021 19:39:15
mantaray mantaray Tue 16 Nov 2021 21:55:21 Does anyone know the length of the topping lift halyard ?

Replies

Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Wed 17 Nov 2021 08:21:21 Yes we’d like to know too. We need the mast size of the manta and then we could just double it and that would give us the correct length.
If I’d listened to my old maths teacher I could have worked out the mast height size using trigonometry!
mantaray mantaray Wed 17 Nov 2021 11:41:23 Is that the formula (double the mast height) ? the topping lift goes to the end of the boom so I am not sure, it has to run from the mast opening up to the top of the mast and then back to the end of the boom
Ian & Julie Ian & Julie Thu 18 Nov 2021 09:37:03 We’ve gone by this formula in the past and it’s worked. But you’re right it depends on the rig !
topping lift
mantaray mantaray Sat 20 Nov 2021 19:39:15 I have taken my mast down for a fore stay repair and will take the opportunity to replace my topping lift halyard , on my boat the topping lift halyard runs externally through a pully at the mast head. I was able to measure my old halyard at just a shade under 22 metres.
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept