Forum - Equipment and Fittings - Depth sounder

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Depth sounder 5Wed 25 May 2011 10:37:47
organem organem Wed 18 May 2011 11:23:40 Has anybody had a depth sounder fitted to a Manta 19? Where is the best place to fit the transponder?

Replies

Mekicevica Mekicevica Wed 18 May 2011 23:17:47 I inherited a very old depth sounder with Mekicevica that I am very happy with. The transducer is mounted in an oil-filled tube in the port-side lazarette. It works really well.
Let me know if you want more details.
Luis
organem organem Thu 19 May 2011 11:04:19 Luis
Thanks for the information.
Am I right in thinking that the Manta 19 has a single skin hull? Not two skin sandwich construction?
Michael
Mekicevica Mekicevica Fri 20 May 2011 09:53:24 Hi, Michael.
The cabin is definitely double-skinned, but in places like the inside of the lazarettes or the lockers under the berths it seems to be only one fibre-glass layer.
In any case, the oil-bath for my transducer seems to be simply glued onto the bottom of the lazarette, without any filing. And it works.
Luis
organem organem Wed 25 May 2011 00:54:55 Luis
Is your depth sounder transducer fitted in the forward inboard corner of the Port cockpit locker. I am going to try fitting mine in a tube like yours but the bottom of the locker seems to be very irregular in the corner.
Thanks for your advice.
Michael
Mekicevica Mekicevica Wed 25 May 2011 10:37:47 Hi, Michael.
Yes, that is exactly where it is. I did not install it myself, so I don't know what are the tricks or potential problems.
As far, as I understand, as long as it is vertical and there are no air bubbles, it should work.
Sorry, can't help any further on this one.
Luis
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept