Forum - Equipment and Fittings - Manta Under-step Locker

All Topics

TopicRepliesLatest Post
Manta Under-step Locker 4Mon 05 Jan 2015 18:18:32
jb jb Sun 04 Jan 2015 02:49:30 Hi, all, and happy New Year 2015!

Whilst I've got the under-step storage box/locker out of my boat and sitting at home, awaiting some fettling and varnish, I've taken the opportunity to post a description and some dimensions.

The box really consists of two plywood boxes, with open fronts and open tops, connected together by 2 long strips of wood that run across the front of both boxes, top and bottom.

A gap between the boxes (approx. 80mm wide) accommodates the centre-plate box; a 3rd strip of wood fills this gap at the front, hiding the CP box and adding a bit more stiffness to the structure.

The construction stretches across the width of the cabin, resting on top of the bunk mouldings on either side.

It's only secured to the top of the bunks by one rivet on each side, although it's also held in by the step, fastened riveted down in front of it.

It's a fairly simple construction made from various thicknesses of (what looks like) good quality ply, pinned and glued together, with supports for shelves fitted into the boxes.

I'm taking a section out of the back of mine to accommodate a skin fitting that I've epoxied through the side of the CP box as a drain for an automatic bilge pump I've fitted, a la Mekicevica! (Thanks for the inspiration!)

Hope this is useful, please reply if you want any more info!

John/Grebe
Manta Under-step Locker

Replies

jb jb Sun 04 Jan 2015 02:52:35 Side View, with dimensions - I tried making a full dimensioned drawing on Sketch-up, but decided (my) life was too short!
Manta Under-step Locker
jb jb Sun 04 Jan 2015 02:55:07 ...and from the back..
Manta Under-step Locker
jb jb Sun 04 Jan 2015 02:58:37 ...and top...!
(Only able to get one pic in each post, apologies if they're a bit big)
Manta Under-step Locker
KevinEGAN KevinEGAN Mon 05 Jan 2015 18:18:32 first off happy new year to you john as well ,, and thank you for taken the time to do the description and dimensions for us I didnt get around to that part of my manta yet its on my list I am looking to get my mast fixed first and to make things a little harder i did not get a mast step with her or any rigging.

thank you again
Kevin
close

This Site Uses Cookies

Please read our Privacy Policy for full details.

Accept